Halloumi Corn & Zucchini Fritters
Looking for a quick and easy recipe to make mid-week? Don't let the simplicity of this recipe fool you, these fritters are packed full of flavour and will be sure to please the whole family!
BABY ZUCCHINI, SQUASH & HALLOUMI FRITTERS corn| mascarpone custard | pomegranate hazelnut vinaigrette
Ingredients for the Fritters
180gm halloumi, grated
1 cup smashed peas
1 medium zucchini grated
1 handful coriander, stalk and leaves finely chopped
3 whole eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 handful mint leaves
1/2 Tspoon baking powder
1 Tbspoon olive oli
50 gms hazelnuts, toasted, peeled and lightly crushed
Salt & pepper
Ingredients or Corn Custard
2 cups corn, sliced off the cob
500 mls Veg stock
20 gms butter
20 mls mascarpone
1 star anise
- Sauté the corn kernels in pan with the butter till soft
- add veg stock, star anise and reduce the stock till the mixture has absorbed all of the vegetable stock
- remove the star anise and blend it smooth
- once while blended, fold through the mascarpone.
- Season with Salt & pepper and set aside to spoon over Fritters.
- Combine the halloumi, smashed peas, zucchini, mint, coriander in a bowl.
- Whisk the eggs lightly and add to the Halloumi mixture and stir through.
- Add the baking powder and flour, mix thoroughly till combined.
- Season with Salt pepper.
- Heat a large pan, add the olive oil and cook the fritters for 3-4 minutes each side until golden browned.
- Place the fritters on paper towl to absorb any excess oil
- Remove and Serve the fritters
- Serve with a dollop of corn custard and topped with hazelnut crumb.
Don't forget to share some pictures with us of your creations!